Options for Tooth Replacement in Denton, TX
Replacing Missing Teeth
When it comes to replacing missing teeth, you have many treatment options to choose from. However, dental implants offer the best long-term solution for restoring the health and aesthetic appeal of your smile. Whether you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth, it is imperative that you seek dental treatment as soon as possible. Missing teeth can have a detrimental impact on your oral health as well as your overall quality of life. In addition to feeling self-conscious about the appearance of your smile, missing teeth can affect your ability to chew properly or speak clearly. Without dental implants, gradual bone loss will steadily occur, causing problems with the healthy teeth that remain.
Most people qualify for dental implants, but certain conditions need to be discussed with Dr. Todd McCracken before treatment.
- Bone loss. If you do not have sufficient bone tissue to anchor the dental implants, you may need to undergo a bone grafting procedure beforehand.
- Gum disease. Moderate to severe gum disease will need to be treated before your implants can be placed.
- Existing dental work. Dental implants can be used to fortify existing dental work like dentures and bridges or replace them altogether.
- Existing medical conditions. In most cases, if you are able to undergo other dental procedures, you will be eligible for dental implants. However, be sure to disclose any existing medical conditions or medications you are taking to Dr. McCracken.
- Smoking. Tobacco products can influence the success of dental implants, so you should talk to him about the frequency of your usage.